Thursday, April 14, 2011

Zapata(http://www.mexconnect.com/articles/811-zapata-by-john-steinbeck

All the talk about the zapatistas and the music of rage against the machine made me want to know more about Zapata. So while I was searching I came across a article on a book that is entitled Zapata written by John Steinbeck. I wanted to hear another point of view on someone who was not apart of the movement and never wrote songs or anything about him. It was interesting to read a little bit about Steinbecks perspective of Zapata. He also won an academy award for his screenplay "Viva Zapata". He also compares Joan of arc and Jesus Christ to Zapata. Tells me he sees Zapata as more than just a leader.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like an interesting book. I'd have to read it to really review it, but it seems like it gives a pretty interesting historical perspective on the issue and the people. It seems pretty fair-handed and strictly historical, especially for a narrative. It looks like it'd be an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete