Sunday, March 13, 2011

Santana

Alright guys It's crunch time who knows my latest posts may involve specific songs now. I figured it was about time for me to unveil one of my favorite guitarists. While re-listening to a Carlos Santana album there was a track that was written and performed by Santana along with Willie Nelson. this song was called "Si Se puede". This song was actually written in protest/opposition to what was going on in the time in Arizona in regards to if people were suspected of being an illegal immigrant. Someone would asses the legality of their status.

Look into another song that I found would be closely related to what we have discussed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rleit7YFwIM

2 comments:

  1. Santana is a great person to look at. I think if he decided to become an activist he could be very successful. I picture he could be like the mexican version of Bono.The reason whyI say this is because he has already created a name in society and in the music world. He has enough popularity and and charisma to move people. I really hope he continues on this path because he could achieve some great things, and as we have studied music seems to have a powerful effect in the mexican society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this video with with Willie Nelson singing about Mexican farm workers. I think it is a good example of cross cultural music and identities.

    ReplyDelete